Upcoming Events in Student Life
Ontario Tech and Durham College Large Job Fair
Mar 11, 2021 01:00 PM
to 04:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Mar 11, 2021 01:00 PM
″To visit the event platform and view all the profiles of registered employers please click here.
On Thursday, March 11 from 1 to 4 p.m, Ontario Tech University and Durham College will be hosting employers from a variety of industries at our joint Virtual Career Fair.
Each employer will be looking to build brand awareness and/or will be hiring for summer, part-time, full-time, contract, co-op or internship roles. Once registration has launched, the link to the guide book and employer links is at the bottom of this page.
By registering for the event, you will be able to view employer profiles in advance of the event and will also receive important event reminders to your Ontario Tech email. Items included within each employer profile are as follows:
- Organization description
- Website link
- List of career opportunities
- Virtual meeting link ("Virtual Booth")
- Be prepared and do your research (review registered employer websites, social media and articles prior to the fair to make the most of your time)
- Update your resume and social media profiles (apply for roles and connect with recruiters as soon as the fair concludes)
- Practice your introduction ("Personal Pitch")
- Use professional communication (demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills)
- Keep organized (make a list of all the companies you've connected with, including the names of the company representatives you made connections with)
- Send thank you notes (thank the company representatives for their time and reach out after the fair to standout via LinkedIn or email).
″To visit the event platform and view all the profiles of registered employers please click here. Please note that new employers are being added as they register! On the day of the event, students and alumni will simply access this link and join employer virtual booths through the video conferencing link provided on each of their profiles. ″